Few Pages Crawled RRS feed

• Question

•  

I used to have a lot of indexed pages and since Live service appeared I have almost none. As I am a blogger user I can't edit robots.txt so I have included a code in my metatags to help MSNbot to crawl my site properly. I did that in December and I have noticed a small increase, shifting from 1 or 2 pages to 32. So far so good. The problem is that my site has almost 700 posts. I have 609 pages indexed by Google and thousands in Yahoo so my question is, how can I go beyond this ridicule 1/15 days indexation process. Is there anything wrong with my page? I think MSN will fix this in the future but there's no way to compete with other bots at this pace.
    Friday, January 11, 2008 10:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As stated in the past, there is a limit to the size of our index and while we would love to index every page on the web and would love to index every site we currently cannot guarantee that each site will be indexed and we don't guarantee coverage to any site. 

We are growing our index all the time. We quadrupled our index size in the last year and hopefully we will continue to grow the same way next year.     So why does it crawl so many pages and index none?  Because we have to select what we think are the best pages.  Not everyone will agree with the design of the selection and ranking algorithm and we are always working on making selection better.

Brett

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 7:02 PM