Can't Login to Microsoft Money Plus RRS feed

• Question

• I can't login to Money plus.  I have changed the password and it is recognized by other Microsoft programs but not money.  I am running Windows 10.  I had previously had Windows 10 on my old computer and reinstalled Money on the new one.  It tells me that the email or password in incorrect but it is the same ID I've always used (hotmail account).

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Thanks.

• Edited by patetcmi Tuesday, July 24, 2018 4:27 PM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2018 4:26 PM

Answers

• Money no longer connects to Microsoft servers so it doesn't know that you changed your password.

You need to use the password that was in effect when Money was working on your old computer.

If that doesn't work, post back.

Bill Becker

• Marked as answer by patetcmi Tuesday, July 24, 2018 10:06 PM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2018 5:13 PM
  • You must use the credentials that were in effect when you previously got into Money. Your attempt to change the email or password did not have any effect for this purpose. If that does not work, write down what you remember. Try permutations. The password is case-sensitive.

Once in, if you use Money 2006 or later, you can remove that LiveID or Passport, and go to a conventional password or no password. If using 2005 or earlier, you cannot make a change to a credential that involved an email address in addition to a password..

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 5:16 PM

All replies

• Money no longer connects to Microsoft servers so it doesn't know that you changed your password.

You need to use the password that was in effect when Money was working on your old computer.

If that doesn't work, post back.

Bill Becker

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 5:13 PM
  • You must use the credentials that were in effect when you previously got into Money. Your attempt to change the email or password did not have any effect for this purpose. If that does not work, write down what you remember. Try permutations. The password is case-sensitive.

Once in, if you use Money 2006 or later, you can remove that LiveID or Passport, and go to a conventional password or no password. If using 2005 or earlier, you cannot make a change to a credential that involved an email address in addition to a password..

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 5:16 PM