Company website needs to access CRM database for updating members contact info RRS feed

• Question

• We have a secure login section on our company website for paid a member that also has a function to allow the user to update their email addresses. I would like to know the best procedure for allowing this to happen. We currently have Scribe to use as a migration tool but also wondering if it could be used to setup a que to monitor an external database and then update CRM database or could it be as simple as setting up a new CRM user just for the website to have control to do the updates on those fields?

Thanks in advance,
    B

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:12 PM

All replies

• This will probably require a external user license. And i would advise looking at the support portal crm accelerator to get ideas from/modify to use on your system.

Jonathan Nachman MBSP, MCTS

My Blog

CRM Consultant for KMS Software
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:21 PM
  • Hi,

Scribe can also be your integration tool as well.  If you setup a Scribe package to monitor the updates on your website database.  If there are any changes, have Scribe update the user information in CRM.

Since you already have Scribe, you don't need to get the external connector. this will save you some money for some other cool CRM addons.

Feel free to ask more questions on the Scribe integration if you like.

Darren Liu | 刘嘉鸿 | MS CRM MVP | English Blog: http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com | Chinese Blog: http://liudarren.spaces.live.com
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:25 PM
  • Sounds good, I am exploring this more with our partner just trying to make sure we pick the best method for our needs. We are a nonprofit association that is customizing CRM to fit our needs and now we are getting into the integration part with our current website that does some lookups when members login so we need a way to view CRM data and also update CRM data. I was thinking we use an external database to create a view into the CRM database for those lookups but was not sure on the update part. So we could use the same external database to drop in the changes and scribe using msmq would monitor that database for changes and make the updates in the CRM database.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:01 PM