Are we loosing business with live.com webmaster tools? RRS feed

• Question

• Live.com webmaster tools brought us nothing but trouble. Our website www.kamchatka.travel has disapeared from live.com listing and it has trouble to be vryfied in webmaster tools, even though everything is fine and XML veryfication file is always in place.

We used to be one of first searches with "kamchatka travel" keywords. The only thing I can think of is the problems with webmaster tools and they getting worse, because now I can't even reach any page in my account due to some MSN internal problems.

We are lossing business, please if anyone from MSN can read that, could you fix this problem? We took webmaster tools as a great advantage and were fast to be a part of new MSN initiative, and now we suffer. Please help us!

Best regards,

Vladimir

Thursday, August 7, 2008 2:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Webmaster tools usage has no bearing on your rank or lack thereof. What I did notice is that you have absolutely no relevant content outside of flash on your home page, so what our robot sees is your title, meta keywords, description, your contacts information and nav menu. That is not enough to make a relevancy determination. Your other pages have a fair amount of readable content, but it is possible that our crawler is throwing those pages out because it can't determine site relevancy.

Thursday, August 7, 2008 6:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Webmaster tools usage has no bearing on your rank or lack thereof. What I did notice is that you have absolutely no relevant content outside of flash on your home page, so what our robot sees is your title, meta keywords, description, your contacts information and nav menu. That is not enough to make a relevancy determination. Your other pages have a fair amount of readable content, but it is possible that our crawler is throwing those pages out because it can't determine site relevancy.

Thursday, August 7, 2008 6:59 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I do understand what you saying, however before this site was listed just fine for at least two months and dissapeared only recentely. I came to be thinking that it is a webmaster tools fault because recentely this service is literaly imposible to use and as I mentioned XML verification file never to be found, however used to be found and is still where it always been.

About the content, there are plenty of websites on the web that do start with a flash or even fully flash based with little or close to none content, and they are listed just fine.

As I understood, there's nothing anybody can help me with this, just would need to submit website again, I guess.

So thanks for your advice, I keep waiting then.

Thursday, August 7, 2008 11:43 PM