WGA Validation Problems - HELP! RRS feed

• Question

• I followed the instructions to get me to this point.  I hope you can help.

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0019.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Geographically blocked PID
    Validation Code: 13

Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-3R89F-D2KXW-VPK3J
    Windows Product Key Hash: Ro/Y7HENE9CfW7lW+QtlNbYQEE8=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-640-8365391-23782
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {D9211533-ABFE-40FA-8907-25DB1787FBEA}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.9.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 13
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{D9211533-ABFE-40FA-8907-25DB1787FBEA}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0019.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-VPK3J</PKey><PID>55274-640-8365391-23782</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1214440339-796845957-839522115</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD</Manufacturer><Model>MS-7142</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>6.00 PG</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20051129000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>56113BEF01842E5D</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Atlantic Standard Time(GMT-04:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57693</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="16" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="18" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="19" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="1A" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="1B" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="44" Version="11" Result="114"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: no
    Marker string from BIOS: N/A
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

THANK YOU!

L :)

Sunday, February 7, 2010 10:18 PM

Answers

• Hello WGADrivingMeNuts,

Based on the additional info you posted (plus the report data), it's a pretty safe assumption that the computer is running nongenuine installations of Windows and Office.

The computer is not from a name-brand manufacturer, and you did not tell us that there is a CoA affixed to the computer, and you did not receive any sort of retail packaging with the computer, and the mgadiag is telling us that the installed Volume Licensing Windows XP is nongenuine because it's using a geographically blocked PID.    A geographically blocked key is blocked when it is detected in use outside of the worldwide geographic area(s) covered by its Volume Licensing  Agreement.  The particular Product Key you are using, which ends in 3R89F-D2KXW-VPK3J, is a widely pirated key.  The only way to cure your Windows problem is to purchase and install a genuine license for Windows, either OEM, full retail, or the WGA Kit.

If you happened to find a product key when searching this site, using that product key is not going to result in Genuine software.

Your installation of Office is a very, very widely pirated version and edition of Office, too.  To get genuine Office you can purchase a copy of Office 2007 from Microsoft as part of the Office genuine Advantage program, or you can purchase a copy of Office locally or online (but be careful if buying from a nontraditional store because there are tons of counterfeit Office products out there, especially on auction sites), or you can try the free alternatives.  IMO it's better to run a free alternative than to run nongenuine Office.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, February 10, 2010 8:43 PM
    Monday, February 8, 2010 2:14 PM

All replies

Your computer has nongenuine Volume Licensing installations of both Windows XP Pro and Office Professional Edition 2003.

If you are an individual consumer, do you have Certificates of Authenticity for Windows and/or Office, either affixed to the computer (Windows) or as part of packaging of a retail purchase of Windows and/or Office?

If this computer is associated with a larger business, educational, or governmental organization that has a current and valid Volume Licensing Agreement for Windows and/or Office with Microsoft, please bring the nongenuine situation to the attention of yoru organization's IT support staff for troubleshooting and resolution.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Monday, February 8, 2010 1:09 AM
  • Hi Dan at IT Associates:

I bought this computer, used, about a year ago from a business.  I took the computer back to the same gentleman just this week whereas I was getting a message that told me I did not have a genuine copy of Windows.  I had been having problems with Adobe Flash Player and then with all Adobe applications due to this non valid version.  He said he would fix it.  I have tried installing Adobe and still cannot.  Then I just tried researching other peoples issues with the same problem and that has lead me here.

I do have a Windows Validation Number that came up through all these searches I made to figure out what was wrong; I made a note of that number.  I just can't figure out how to or where to put that number.

Can you tell I am not that good with computers??  LOL

Any other help you can offer would be wonderful.

Monday, February 8, 2010 12:24 PM
  • If you indeed have a valid 25-character alpha-numeric Windows XP Professional product key, you can use the Windows Product Key Update Tool.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, February 8, 2010 1:55 PM

Based on the additional info you posted (plus the report data), it's a pretty safe assumption that the computer is running nongenuine installations of Windows and Office.

The computer is not from a name-brand manufacturer, and you did not tell us that there is a CoA affixed to the computer, and you did not receive any sort of retail packaging with the computer, and the mgadiag is telling us that the installed Volume Licensing Windows XP is nongenuine because it's using a geographically blocked PID.    A geographically blocked key is blocked when it is detected in use outside of the worldwide geographic area(s) covered by its Volume Licensing  Agreement.  The particular Product Key you are using, which ends in 3R89F-D2KXW-VPK3J, is a widely pirated key.  The only way to cure your Windows problem is to purchase and install a genuine license for Windows, either OEM, full retail, or the WGA Kit.

If you happened to find a product key when searching this site, using that product key is not going to result in Genuine software.

Your installation of Office is a very, very widely pirated version and edition of Office, too.  To get genuine Office you can purchase a copy of Office 2007 from Microsoft as part of the Office genuine Advantage program, or you can purchase a copy of Office locally or online (but be careful if buying from a nontraditional store because there are tons of counterfeit Office products out there, especially on auction sites), or you can try the free alternatives.  IMO it's better to run a free alternative than to run nongenuine Office.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, February 10, 2010 8:43 PM
    Monday, February 8, 2010 2:14 PM
  • I have purchased a new computer from Staples.  I think that will solve these issues for sure.

This one will just become a toy for the kids I guess....

Thank you all for your help.

Monday, February 8, 2010 3:00 PM