About 70-536 Certification! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to know if i will get a MCTS certificate after clearing my Exam 70-536 or do in need to appear for both Exam (70-536 and 70-528) to get the certificate.
    Also, if i dont get an MCTS certificate after clearing 70-536 , then will certificate will i get?

Please let me know about it.

Thanks,
    Manna
    Sunday, March 8, 2009 9:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Manna,

You need both exams to get MCTS.
    If this is your first exam you will get MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional).

Good luck with 70-536

Geoff

MCPD * 5, MCITP * 2, MCTS **
    • Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Sunday, March 8, 2009 11:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ken Rosen_MS Saturday, April 11, 2009 7:31 PM
    Sunday, March 8, 2009 11:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Manna,

You need both exams to get MCTS.
    If this is your first exam you will get MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional).

Good luck with 70-536

Geoff

MCPD * 5, MCITP * 2, MCTS **
    • Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Sunday, March 8, 2009 11:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ken Rosen_MS Saturday, April 11, 2009 7:31 PM
    Sunday, March 8, 2009 11:09 AM
  • Hi,

If you pass just 1 of 2 exams required for MCTS, you will not get MCTS nor MCP cert. You will have just one exam and access to MCP secure site. But no certification. After you pass 528, you'll get MCTS, but still no MCP.

Note that NextGen certification (MCTS, MCITP, MCPD) do not give you MCP certification.

Cheers :)
    Monday, March 9, 2009 8:38 AM
  • Hi Ben,

I received MCP after passing 70-536 in Dec 2006, have the rules changed.
    MCP did not seem particularly useful :-).

Cheers

Geoff
    Monday, March 9, 2009 8:54 AM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, passing just one next gen exam does not give MCP status. "old" exams give you MCP (e.g. 270, 290 etc)

I am not pretty sure what the rules were in 2006 (526 was available in 2006?).

Monday, March 9, 2009 9:33 AM
  • Even the 70-536 training guide was out, too easy :-)
    Monday, March 9, 2009 12:56 PM
  • :))

Anyway, according to http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-536.aspx it gives just a credit, which means that this exam does not give a certification itself.

So, after passing it, you just get access to MCP members site, nothing more:) Since it is MCTS = New Generation Certification, it will not give you MCP status, certification, logo etc.

If you pass 528 exam (for example), you get MCTS certification, which still does not give you MCP status. You will join MCP Community :)

Generally speaking, MCP certification itself will probably be no longer continued by MS, they will turn into MCITP, MCTS, MCPDe etc.
    Monday, March 9, 2009 2:34 PM
  • Hey,

Thanks to all of you! So i have to clear both the exams to get the MCTS certification.

-Manna

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 6:52 AM
  • hello friends,

I also cleared both the exam (070-536 and 070-562). But still i din get any certificated.
    can anybody tell how can i get my certificate.

Thnx in advance.
    SAM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:41 AM
  • I've checked the answers.
    Ben_pl answer is the correct one.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-vstudio.aspx

I quote:

"Note
    If you pass this exam, you do not earn a certification, but you do earn access to the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) member site, your Microsoft transcript, and other MCP community benefits. You only need to pass this exam once "

You only gain access to MCP resources. You don't get a certification . Certificates are received as an MCTS after passing another exam for Web or Windows.

I hope moderators can correct the answer
    Waleed El-Badry ,Teaching Assistant, Faculty of Engineering , Misr University for Science & Technology
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:23 PM
  • the microsoft won't send those who passed both 70-536 and 70-562 a paper certificate ,and just a digital certificatte.
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 6:48 AM
  • Hi All,

You used to get MCP but looks like not anymore.  I was able to download MCP after passing my first exam, looked on my PC and last time I downloaded the MCP Logo from logo site was on the 4/4/2007.
    I have not see anything to say the MCP logo was taken away but do not think I have seen it in the Logo site, will check later, site appears to be down.  As it only means you have passed an exam Microsoft might have decided to get rid of it.
    I think I was sent an MCP certificate but cannot find it.

Cheers,

Geoff
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:08 PM
  • Hi Manna,

i'm thinking to give Exam 70-536.

hope u pass this exam.

Please  suggest.

Regards

Ankit

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:43 AM
  • Hello Ankit,

The best materials to use is the Microsoft self paced training where almost 85% of the exam is from its review questions. Good luck

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="397px" height="180px" src="https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/WaleedElBadry/card"></iframe>
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 2:37 PM
  • Thanks Dear..

Can you give me any link related to this exam..

Thanks once again..

Ankit

Saturday, October 30, 2010 5:46 AM