none
HP EX485 signs off every hour RRS feed

• Question

• New HP EX485. COOL little box.
    Remoted to the box. Set to static IP. Joined my domain. Setup shares for domain users.
    NOw get message that licensing is not correct, or something to that effect, and the Home Server will shutdown in an hour... which it does.
    Restart. Shortly thereafter, get another set of messenger messages on all workstations that licensing is wrong, and shutting down in 60 mins.

Not much use to me if it's constantly shutting down.
    Friday, February 27, 2009 3:17 AM

Answers

• The reboot cycle is a consequence of your violation of the EULA. Per the End User License Agreement which you accepted during initial server setup, you may not join your Windows Home Server computer to a domain, or run DCPROMO to make it a domain controller. The hourly reboots you're experiencing are a result of the fact that you joined your server to a domain anyway.

You can try removing your server from the domain you joined it to. That may not stop the reboot cycle; in that case you should use the Server Recovery DVD that you received with your server to perform a server recovery operation (details will be in the documentation you received).

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by Lara JonesModerator Friday, February 27, 2009 5:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by fsecor Friday, February 27, 2009 12:38 PM
    Friday, February 27, 2009 3:57 AM