NBF file extensions RRS feed

• Question

• Help!! I recently restored my computer to factory settings (I'm running winxp sp2), and used NTI backup to keep the stuff I wanted off the computer (pictures, music etc), but now when I try to open the cd's I copied the data onto, they wont open because of an .nbf file extension! How can I retrieve the pictures and music off my discs, or is it lost to me forever?? I am not a computer whiz by no means, so if anyone has the solution, please explain in very simple terms...thanks!!Smile
    Wednesday, April 4, 2007 6:35 PM

All replies

• I've got this problem too!!!

daan_jossels@hotmail.com

please help Stick out tongue

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 1:55 PM
  • I have the same problem !! Backed up using Acer laptop software, and now won't play on the main comp.
    Friday, July 6, 2007 3:31 PM
  • The BNF extension is from the application backup NOW! suite - try installing the trial application to open your BNF files.

see : http://www.ntibackupnow.com/backup_now_downloads.asp

Saturday, October 13, 2007 9:58 PM
  • sorry ... I meant NBF .. not BNF .. Smile
    Saturday, October 13, 2007 10:00 PM
  • ran the download, now what? Still isn't openning the file.
    Monday, December 10, 2007 4:14 PM
  • i have a back up of all my pc archives and I can't open it. with the extention NBF. I have allready dowloaded the trial of back up now and I still can't open it. My pc split up and this is the only copy of most of this information. Please,  can anybody help!

Friday, December 28, 2007 8:14 AM
  • I've just done much the same and was alarmed when WinXP didn't respond to double clicking the backup file. I think it's a safety feature. If you open up NTI backup, click on restore icon, set the "what to restore?" dropdown box to Backup file and use the next file box to point at the file itself, all should be well.

It worked for me

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:15 AM
  • Thanks for that i was begining to panic. I had the same problems as everyone else. All restored now. Cheers my daughter will love you forever.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 7:25 PM
  • I followed your instructions but the .nbf file I have can't be open with NTI backup now version 5. The NTI tech said that I will need to have an order version.  Any ideas how to get my file open?
    Monday, April 7, 2008 10:34 PM
  • I think I have the same problem, as well.  My laptop was stolen, but I thought I was safe, as I had backups using NTI.  I got a new laptop, and downloaded a new NTI app (30 day trial, thankfully). 

I got it to start restoring, but it's been running for 1/2 hour and still says 0% has been restored.  Yikes!

Anyone know where we can download the older version(s) of NTI?
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:42 PM
  • Open up the backupnow program, click help, updates, and go to that site.  there you should be able to download the version you want.  Hope it works.  But what do I know.  I'm Bill Gates. 

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 3:34 AM
  • I have exactly the same problem!
    But when I want to take another (older) version, he doesn't want to install, because it is just an update it says; "this update requires that a previous version of the application be installed". So I don't really know what to do now...

How did you fixed the problem?
    Friday, August 22, 2008 9:47 PM