Is this the way it's supposed to work, any options RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using MS Sync Toy to copy folders from a server on my network to a PC. I am using the option that copies A to B but does not change anything on A if I delete it on B.

However this is not working as I expected. Whenever I delete files on B, they are recopied from A the next next, defeating the goal (which is to copy media files from A-B then delete them on B when I've watched them.

I'm not even sure it's copying them the next night or perhaps that once in a while it is catching up.

Is there a hidden Sync Toy option that can help or perhaps an alternative freeware solution for doing the copying the way I want it ?
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 10:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Base on your description, you just want to reflect changes from A to B, but do not reflect changes on B back to A or recopy it from A to B.

I think both folder pairs action "Echo" and "Conribute" could satisfy your requirement.  BTW, which version of SyncToy are you using? Would you please try to download the latest SyncToy v2.1 and have a try again?

Thanks,

Ping

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, September 13, 2010 6:38 AM