NIC teaming RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know if WHS2011 will allow NIC teaming?  I didn't have any luck setting it up under WHS v1 (even though the Windows 2003 drivers for my Intel NICs supported it and my switch supports it).  If WHS2011 doesn't support it, would Windows 2008 server R2 foundation level support it?

I have dual Intel NICs that do allow teaming.  My HP switch does allow teaming.

Monday, April 18, 2011 6:38 PM

Answers

• If you setup a team, the dashboard will not be able to configure your router and will also throw an alert that it has no internet connection.

It does work fine otherwise though.

-timotl

Monday, April 18, 2011 7:34 PM
  • From what I was able to find, the service that checks and monitors the network will only detect physical NICs. This service is shared with SBS.

SBS2011 Standard release documentation notes that is is unsupported and should be removed before using the networking wizards
     http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg491249.aspx

So doesn't look like something they have any intention of changing.

-timotl

• Marked as answer by this is dumb 2 Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:21 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:16 PM

All replies

• If you setup a team, the dashboard will not be able to configure your router and will also throw an alert that it has no internet connection.

It does work fine otherwise though.

-timotl

Monday, April 18, 2011 7:34 PM
  • At least it works.  Do you know if the behavior above was reported as a bug?
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:38 PM
  • From what I was able to find, the service that checks and monitors the network will only detect physical NICs. This service is shared with SBS.

SBS2011 Standard release documentation notes that is is unsupported and should be removed before using the networking wizards
     http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg491249.aspx

So doesn't look like something they have any intention of changing.

-timotl

• Marked as answer by this is dumb 2 Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:21 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:16 PM