none
Not Getting Notifications RRS feed

• Question

• I have not been getting reliable email notifications today for the threads that I've subscribed to. I think this actually started yesterday or the day before, but I'm not sure. It's kind of intermittent ... for example, I got one notification for a reply to a thread, and when I went to the thread on the Forum site, there were actually several replies (both earlier and later) that I never received a notification for!!

Before you ask, yes, I checked my Spam folder and they did *not* go to Spam. Either they were never sent or got lost elsewhere somehow. This needs to be fixed, pronto!

Thanks ...

~~Bonnie DeWitt [C# MVP]

http://geek-goddess-bonnie.blogspot.com

Friday, June 15, 2018 10:52 PM

Answers

• When this happens I'd try Quick Access\My Settings then uncheck Configure alerts, Save changes, then go back in and Configure alerts

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, June 22, 2018 12:22 PM

All replies

• When this happens I'd try Quick Access\My Settings then uncheck Configure alerts, Save changes, then go back in and Configure alerts

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, June 22, 2018 12:22 PM
  • Thanks, Dave ... that's a good suggestion. I had been meaning to come back here to say that I started getting the notifications again a few days later (without me having to do anything). Maybe Monday or Tuesday (after posting on Friday that I hadn't been getting any). Just a glitch in the system ... I guess it fixed itself (or something got rebooted ... ha ha).

~~Bonnie DeWitt [C# MVP]

Friday, June 22, 2018 2:05 PM
  • Yes, that does happen server-side sometimes, I didn't notice until now your post was from a week ago.

Friday, June 22, 2018 2:12 PM
  • I'm pretty sure I first saw this post this morning, before Dave replied. I also did not notice the date. Things must have gotten hung up.

A few days ago I couldn't even get into any TechNet platforms for a few hours, so there could have been an outage.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, June 22, 2018 3:02 PM
  • Weird stuff, I guess. I hadn't had any problems getting into the MSDN forums at all (I don't use TechNet) ... for me, the problem was just the notifications.

~~Bonnie DeWitt [C# MVP]

Friday, June 22, 2018 3:14 PM
  • I've noticed the listviews have not always been updating the last couple of weeks. fissues doesn't seem to agree yet.

Friday, June 22, 2018 3:34 PM
  • Also, some posts have bad meta-data, so in the forum views they show as unanswered when either they have a proposed answer, or even are marked answered. Makes moderating more difficult.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, June 22, 2018 3:38 PM
  • Yes, I also see a fair amount of that which I think is part of the listview problem (aka search service)

Friday, June 22, 2018 3:43 PM
  • Yeah, now that you guys mention it, I've noticed a bit of those problems too. I was going to say "hope it gets fixed", but if they don't even believe that they have a problem, then it probably won't get fixed (unless it fixes itself).  =0( 

~~Bonnie DeWitt [C# MVP]

Friday, June 22, 2018 4:12 PM