Live Mesh Sync hogging CPU and killing local network traffic RRS feed

• General discussion

• I used Live Sync for some time and loved it.  I saw the message that said that it will be going away so I installed Live Mesh.  The folder i was syncing with my brother who lives in another state only had about 1000 files in it and was around 100 meg in size.  After it sync'd live mesh kept on using a lot of CPU.  I let it run for abut 4 hours and it was still doing the cpu hog thing so i exited out of Mesh Sync.  My brother was seeing the same thing with the CPU but his co-worker came and asked him if something was wrong with the network.  He works in a small 3 person office and he is the computer guy there.  The timing for the slow network was right in line with when he fired up Mesh Sync.  Again, when the cpu and network were getting hit hard the files had already sync'd.  Was wondering if anyone else had seen the same thing.  I went to windows update to see if it saw a newer version of Mesh and it did not.  Today's date is 10/12/2010.

The only other P2P folder sync'ing software that we've tried that we like like Live Sync is PowerFolder... but it's java runtime libs take up a ton of memory.

Thanks

Shannon Ramirez
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 7:41 PM

All replies

•  

I assume you are referring to Windows Live Mesh, not Live Mesh - www.mesh.com

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 12:27 PM
  • I am living in Germany and the link you are providing leads to a support forum in German which is pretty much empty.

How can I address the english support forum which hopefull has answers to the following question

1. Windows live Mesh (not the beta)is extensively using CPU power for no good reasons?

2. Window live Mesh (not the beta) is synching hidden files which makes is problematic when sync e.g. music folders which contain tons of hidden album art files?

Marty
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 5:43 PM
  • Try signing in at windowslivehelp and then clicking "my Profile" and changing the language. If that doesn't work, I don't know what drives you to the local forum - it may be your LiveID account settings - account.live.com - or it may be based on your IP address.

Post to the German forum, though, support is supposed to be monitoring all of the locales.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 12:43 AM