Is it possible to make subgrid readonly? RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,

Is it poosible to make a form subgrid readonly.?

Regards

Mitesh

Monday, June 13, 2011 10:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello -

Unfortunately there is no way to make a subgrid readonly.  Do you want to prevent users from opening records from within the grid?  If you can outline your scenario I will follow up with the feature teams to see how we can enhance this in the future.

Thanks,

Brandon

Monday, June 13, 2011 5:35 PM
  • Hello Brandon,

i am currently working on an upgrade where in the previous version due to some business requirement we have created some custom pages and were visible in the iframes.In CRM 2011 we believe these i frames can be moved to sub grid with some tweaking.

i am trying to use subgrid for that purpose.But when i add a subgrid and when user selects a grid,corresponding ribbon for create a new record or add an existing one appears which i dont want.so i was planning on making the subgrid readonly so that even user selects the grid control ribbon wont appear.This is the scenario.

Please suggest more appropriate way to achieve the functionality

-Mitesh

Monday, June 13, 2011 7:22 PM
  • Hi Mitesh,

You can do it either by controlling User Access by setitng appropriate Security Role or you can do it my putiing CustomRule in Ribbon to enable and disable Button.

You mentioned that you dont want user to Create New subgrid record as well as add existing one. I think you can achieve this by taking "Create" and "Assign To" permmissions frmo User and it will automatically hide those buttons on Ribbon.

HTH

makeer | myencounterwithcrm.wordpress.com
    Monday, June 13, 2011 8:30 PM
  • Hi Brandon,

It's been more than a year now, just want to follow up real quick.
    Any progress made by Microsoft Feature team on the requested enhancement (Sub-grid read only)?

Thanks,
    Sam

Monday, August 27, 2012 7:28 PM