Sales Pipeline Phases out of order RRS feed

• Question

• I can't seem to find a way to update the sales pipeline phases. I've exported several different solutions and I haven't been able to find where I can customize these. It could just be I'm missing it as I'm no expert in coding.

My issue is that I have changed the Sales Pipeline to populate from the estimated close date field. The pipeline builds out in months and by total revenue estimated to come in that month. The issue is the bottom of the chart is June then it goes to February, then blank, then April, than March. So it's completely out of order. I haven't been able to find where I can change these pipeline phases. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have also looked into creating a workflow to change the pipeline phase. Though it seem the CRM is smart enough to know to break up the pipeline by months. When I look at creating a workflow based of estimated close date the options are "x" number or days or months from the estimated close date. I want it to be in the month. I think the CRM has this set up already I just need be able to change the phases so the most recent upcoming month is first and so on.

Thanks for any and all help,

Trevor

[Edit] I solved part of the issue. It is sorting the pipeline by which month has the largest revenue coming through. But I still can't figure out how to change it so that pipeline goes by month. I have it set up so it goes by estimated revenue and month. But it sorts by largest revenue coming through. If i switch the axises the options aren't the same. Any ideas on how to make it soft by most recent month instead?

Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:33 PM

Answers

• Pipeline phases are set by the value in the opportunity field called stepname. This is a text field.. so you would be unable to "sort" your pipeline by this field unless you give it a "logical" sorting value.

Normally what you do in this case is that you create a column chart that sums on has estimated value on the Y axis and sums on month on the X axis.

You will not archive what you are trying to do by using the pipeline phase functionality.

Rune Daub Senior Consultant - Dynateam CRM http://www.xrmmanagement.com

• Proposed as answer by RuneDaub Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by KawasakiRider03 Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:48 PM
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:37 PM

All replies

• Below is the code I exported that seems to be relevant to the pipeline. And you can see order alias is the estimatedvalue where it sorts from smallest to largest. I want to change that to sort by the upcoming months. Is it even possible? I changed the code around and get an error every time. Why would anyone care what month has the largest revenue coming through. I want to know what revenue is coming through each coming month in order..... seems logical yet I can't figure out how to do it.

<fetchcollection>
            <fetch mapping="logical" count="6" aggregate="true">
              <entity name="opportunity">
                <order alias="sum_estimatedvalue" descending="true" />
                <attribute groupby="true" alias="stepname" dategrouping="month" name="estimatedclosedate" />
                <attribute alias="sum_estimatedvalue" name="estimatedvalue" aggregate="sum" />
              </entity>
            </fetch>
          </fetchcollection>

Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:25 PM
  • Pipeline phases are set by the value in the opportunity field called stepname. This is a text field.. so you would be unable to "sort" your pipeline by this field unless you give it a "logical" sorting value.

Normally what you do in this case is that you create a column chart that sums on has estimated value on the Y axis and sums on month on the X axis.

You will not archive what you are trying to do by using the pipeline phase functionality.

• Proposed as answer by RuneDaub Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by KawasakiRider03 Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:48 PM
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:37 PM
  • I feared that would end up being the case. I don't see why you can't have a pipeline that shows the months in order with each upcoming month showing the dollar amount of what you are expecting to bring in. I have a column chart that shows this but I like the visual the funnel would have showing this. Oh well. Thanks for your response.

Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:47 PM
  • Please mark my response as answer if you found it helpfull :)

Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:49 PM
  • I have a follow up question and rather than starting a new thread I figured I'd try to ask it here first. I see that some people when creating charts have the option to add series or add category. When I try to create a chart these options are no where to be found.I have included a link below that shows what I am talking about. I also checked to make sure I have the most recent roll ups which I do. But I still don't have these options. Is there a way to fix this, or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

http://gotcrm.blogspot.com/2011/10/2-series-chart-with-crm-2011.html

Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:50 PM