Adding a second company in crm 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Here is my question, i set up crm 2011 only with one company, now comes my problem, how do i add a second company to the mix so that i can run 2 companies on the same server? what steps do i need to take and where/what do i need to do??

thank you for future help!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:47 PM

Answers

• You can add new Organizations using the Deployment manager on the CRM Application server. You must be a Deployment Manager to do so, by default this is assigned to the Account that installed CRM.

In the Deployment Manager:

1.) In the left hand pane, right click on the Organizations folder

2.) Select New Organization

3.) Follow the wizard to create a new Org. It asks for a lot of the same info as your original install (Org name, default currency, collation, SQL Server, SSRS URL, etc.)

--Dodd
    • Marked as answer by wat up Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:18 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:53 PM
  • I guess because it is 2 companies then there will be no data sharing among the two companies. If that is the case then you can use the concept of CRM Organizations. You can have multiple organizations  in the same deployment, all of which share the same physical resources (servers), you would have to be careful about performance and sacalability as you might need more powerful deployment to be able to support 2 or more organizations.

I recormend you read the CRM implementastion guide (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh367398.aspx).

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

• If the companies share information it would actually be preferable to set up another business unit rather than another organization, but otherwise Gonzalo and Dodd are correct. 
    Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:04 PM

All replies

• You can add new Organizations using the Deployment manager on the CRM Application server. You must be a Deployment Manager to do so, by default this is assigned to the Account that installed CRM.

In the Deployment Manager:

1.) In the left hand pane, right click on the Organizations folder

2.) Select New Organization

3.) Follow the wizard to create a new Org. It asks for a lot of the same info as your original install (Org name, default currency, collation, SQL Server, SSRS URL, etc.)

--Dodd
  • I guess because it is 2 companies then there will be no data sharing among the two companies. If that is the case then you can use the concept of CRM Organizations. You can have multiple organizations  in the same deployment, all of which share the same physical resources (servers), you would have to be careful about performance and sacalability as you might need more powerful deployment to be able to support 2 or more organizations.

I recormend you read the CRM implementastion guide (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh367398.aspx).

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

• If the companies share information it would actually be preferable to set up another business unit rather than another organization, but otherwise Gonzalo and Dodd are correct. 
    Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:04 PM
  • Thank you everyone for your timely response and everything is working perfectly

Thank You Again

Craig Muller
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:17 PM