none
Acess denied file during SyncToy operation RRS feed

• Question

• I have a laptop and desktop both running Windows 7 and I want to synchronize files between the two devices.  I have downloaded SyncToy 2.1 and created a test folder pair to see that everything worked properly before I dive in to doing a complete setup of the files I need to keep synced.  I had a folder named Medical containing six files that I selected to make the test pair.  The folder existed on both computers with the same files in them.  I changed one file within the foler, i.e "Medications" and split the data within the file by taking half of the date and copying it to a new file and called it "Sharon Medications".  I then attempted the syync to see if it worked and got the following log: Error: Unknown error Access is denied..... Source File: Sharon Medications.docx  Source Path: C:\Users\Don and Sharon\Documents\Medical Last Modified: 2/17/2010 4:50:23 PM Target File: Sharon Medications.docx Target Path: \\DANDSDESKTOP-PC\User\DonandSharon\Documents\Medical.  Thank you for any input.  I really like SyncToy and really hope to get it working properly.

Regards,

Don
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 8:27 PM

All replies

• Hi, DandSMoyer:

I'm glad that you choose SyncToy, for it really is a good tool for syncing. As you mentioned, Access-Deny error is usually caused by some problem out of SyncToy. To find the reason, would you please copy file "C:\Users\Don and Sharon\Documents\Medic\Sharon Medications.docx" to "\\DANDSDESKTOP-PC\User\DonandSharon\Documents\Medical" manually? If the error comes again, maybe you should check whether you have access authority for the two folders.

Thanks,
    Danish

Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:57 AM