Incoming Calls connect but no audio- outgoing is fine RRS feed

• Question

• We have deployed OCS RTM with a Mediation Server pointing to a Cisco gateway.

We are able to make calls from OCS (soft client and Tanjay phones) to both external phone numbers and to users on another VoIP system (through the Cisco) and everything works great.

But for all incoming calls to OCS, the call is connected but there is no audio.  this happens regardless of the source - either external or from the other VoIP system.  the calls will dsconnect when one or the other hangs up.

Looking at the debugging logs, the SIP session is initiated succesfully and the streaming all looks to set up OK, and there are no errors in the OCS Mediation Server Logging tools ... just no audio!

The logs show that G.711 u-law is the negotiated codec in all instances of testing, both the successful outgoing and the unsuccessful incoming.

Anyone got any ideas?  I wonder if this is a basic IP config or DNS issue?

We have set up a DNS entry for the FQDN of the internal address for the Mediation server as per the documentation, but I wonder if the IP config is correct?

we have something like this:

internal IP:  172.x.x.111 /16

external IP:  172.x.x.112 /16

both have the same defaul gateway ... is this correct, or should one not have a gateway set?  Could not find anything in the doco either way.

Thanks for any help

Monday, October 29, 2007 7:29 AM

All replies

• just reading some other posts, I see that e have not configured the voice number correctly (the line URI).

this is currently set to tel:xxxx whereas this is supposed to be tel:+<countrycode><areacode><number> etc

weird that outgoing works but not incoming.

Monday, October 29, 2007 7:43 AM
  • We had this problem as well. We were testing with the LG/Nortel and Polycom phones. Once we applied the update to bring our software version on the phone up to 1.0.522.0 (1.23) everything worked as it should.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 4:49 PM