Compilation Error. Project or library not found. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

On my own PC (Windows 10) I created in Project 2016 a VBA proc which reads an Excel 2016 workbook.

This VBA proc works fine on my PC.

When we try to run this VBA proc on a computer of the company (using Project 2013 and Excel 2013), we get the errors:

Compilation Error. Project or library not found.

If we try again, we get the error: Erreur de chargement de la DLL – DLL loading Error.

In the company's PC, we tried to set a reference to Microsoft Office 16 but we always got the error:

MISSING: Microsoft Excel 16.0 Object Library.

We tried to check Microsoft Excel 15.0 Object library, but with no avail

Any idea to solve this issue?

Thanks

• Edited by WLID1966 Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:27 PM
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:03 AM

Answers

• WLID1966,

When applications are first installed the user has the option to elect a full install or a partial install. In the case of your company's installation of Office 2016 it sounds like not all components were installed (e.g. partial install). The message saying the Excel 16.0 Object Library is missing indicates VBA components aren't installed.

I don't know exactly how you do it with Windows 10, but I'd look for "programs and features" for your installed Office 2016 and select "change" to add missing components.

Hope this helps.

John
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:18 PM
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:19 PM

All replies

• WLID1966,

When applications are first installed the user has the option to elect a full install or a partial install. In the case of your company's installation of Office 2016 it sounds like not all components were installed (e.g. partial install). The message saying the Excel 16.0 Object Library is missing indicates VBA components aren't installed.

I don't know exactly how you do it with Windows 10, but I'd look for "programs and features" for your installed Office 2016 and select "change" to add missing components.

Hope this helps.

John
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:18 PM
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:19 PM
  • Thanks a lot John!
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:19 PM
  • Hi this is the same error that i got aswell and in order to solve the issue you need to check if its installed all the components as John has said and make sure that the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access.Dao is installed too because this relates to that issue since i had the exact issue and in order to check the issue you need to go to the Local Disk C drive and then Windows - assembly - GAC_MSIL and here you will see all the Microsoft folders which includes the DLL's which you need to install the microsoft office ect...

So in simple terms check for all the files and make sure to uninstall the desktop apps because now windows 10 are giving away desktop apps which affects the installation for the Microsoft office.

Hope this solves your issue.

TazzaBazza

Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:38 PM
  • WLID1966,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Thursday, March 28, 2019 5:00 PM
  • Hi TazzaBazza,

Yes, in Windows / Assembly / GAC_MSIL I see the folders which includes the DLLs but how can I find the DLL which is needed to install Project and VBA? How do you do that?

Thanks for your help

Monday, April 8, 2019 9:37 AM