Network key entered in new PC to add it to OneCare circle is called "invalid" RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to add a new PC to my OneCare circle, I follow the instructions but when it comes to entering the network key, the new PC (a Vista) does not recognize it. Yet it was given to me when I set up the secure wireless network with OneCare.
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 5:43 PM

Answers

• On the computer you used to configure wireless security, open One Care>Change Settings>Firewall>Advanced Settings>Network Connections, highlight your wireless connection and select Details. You should now see your network key. If it is the same as the one you previously recorded and still does not work you can reset your router to the factory defaults ( unsecured ) using the reset button. See your router documentation for instructions on how to do this. When your router is reset you can manually secure your wireless network following the instructions in the router documentation or at the router manufacturer website.

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 5:52 PM