Unable to connect to my wireless network after system restore (Win 7/32-bit OS) RRS feed

• Question

• I have an old Toshiba Satellite P505 Laptop. Recently, I've had numerous problems with it. Last night, I decided to run a complete System Restore (I had tried restoring the laptop to a previous time using a restore point without any success) in hopes of fixing the problem since I had everything I wanted saved onto a 1 TB External HD.  When I ran the system restore on my 32-bit machine, it seemed like everything was alright, however, that is not the case.  I used to be able to connect to a Wireless Network, (My own) but now, it says there are no connections available. When I try to add a network, it doesn't give me a Wireless Network option. It also says that Wireless is NOT enabled.  I am not computer savvy, but I can navigate my way around most things. However, THIS is perplexing, and VERY aggravating.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, or what else I can do, but I am very aggravated. I don't want to buy a new laptop. I have Windows 7, both the 32-bit and 64-bit disks, and am using the 32-bit OS, so that's not an issue.

If there is someone who could help me out, I'd be very appreciative. I don't always have access to the internet, but I have my email going to my phone, however, I needed my computer to be ready by yesterday, so, time is of the essence.  If there is a guru out there who is willing to be patient with me, I'd appreciate any and all help with this issue.

I KNOW I probably haven't provided a lot of information, but I don't know what to provide. So, if any of you professionals have questions, I will get the information to you quickly. Hopefully you can help me fix this issue quickly, thanks!

• Moved by Just Karl Tuesday, June 3, 2014 2:49 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:35 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 7 forum on Microsoft Community.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C40686F746D61696C2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, July 25, 2014 2:36 PM
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 2:49 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Sandbox forum is designed for users to try out the new forums functionality. Please be respectful of others, and do not expect replies to questions asked here.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C40686F746D61696C2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 7 forum on Microsoft Community.

Karl

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, July 25, 2014 2:36 PM