Change Windows Live ID RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!
    Can I change my windows live ID without uninstal Live Mesh?
    Thanks in advance
    Sunday, December 14, 2008 5:36 PM

Answers

• Your mesh is associated with your Live ID.

Do you want to have a second mesh for the other Live ID?
    To do this go to www.mesh.com and sign in with the other ID. This should create a new Live Mesh account.

Or do you want to associate your existing Mesh with a another Live ID?
    You can go to www.mesh.com, click on Account and specify a new Live ID. I'm not sure if that would have side effects on other services (i.e. it might just change the e-mail address that's associated with your existing Live ID)

Or do you want to log in to the same mesh using two different Live IDs?
    I don't think that's possible, because your mesh account is associated with your Live ID (only one). As a workaround you could invite your other live ID as folder members so you would have access to those folders from your other Live ID - however not to your Mesh (Live Desktop, Device Ring, Remote Access, ...)
    Stefan Krueger, Microsoft MVP - Windows Installer, www.InstallSite.org
    Monday, December 15, 2008 6:09 PM

All replies

• Right click the Mesh icon in the notification area and choose sign out.
    Sunday, December 14, 2008 6:25 PM
  • I think you don't understand what i mean.
    I mean work with Live Mesh but with another Win Live ID because i have more than one.
    Sunday, December 14, 2008 7:10 PM
  • Hi!

I'm not sure where you're headed with this:

1. if you just want to log out of live ID A and then use live ID B for Live Mesh, then "Cloud02"'s suggestion is correct - right click on the icon, sign out, and then sign in with the new account.

2. If you want to run Live Mesh on both IDs at the same time then you'll need to do a bit more work. In general I don't think you can have multiple active instances under the same user, but if you were to create an additional user and have them logged on to the machine at the same (for example, with Fast User Switching) then that may work.

Oren
    Monday, December 15, 2008 5:18 AM
  • Hello!
    Let me try to explain better my question.
    When i try to sign in with another Windows Live ID i have this error message:

Unable to sign in to Live mesh.
    Please make sure your username amd password are correct.
    Request to MOE failed with status code:
    404 Server could not find the specified resource.

Thanks for your support
    Monday, December 15, 2008 5:41 PM
  • camor said:

Hello!
    Let me try to explain better my question.
    When i try to sign in with another Windows Live ID i have this error message:

Unable to sign in to Live mesh.
    Please make sure your username amd password are correct.
    Request to MOE failed with status code:
    404 Server could not find the specified resource.

Thanks for your support

Hi,

Forgive me if this is obvious, but have you signed up for Live Mesh with the new Live ID?  Your Live Mesh account is tied to your Live ID, so a different Live ID would log you into a different Live Mesh account (and you'd have to sign up with the Live ID on www.mesh.com first).  Unfortunately, you cannot link Live Mesh accounts, so if you sign in to a different account, with a different Live ID, you will not see your files and folders until you add them to that Live Mesh account.

Does that help at all?

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, December 15, 2008 6:06 PM
  • Your mesh is associated with your Live ID.

Do you want to have a second mesh for the other Live ID?
    To do this go to www.mesh.com and sign in with the other ID. This should create a new Live Mesh account.

Or do you want to associate your existing Mesh with a another Live ID?
    You can go to www.mesh.com, click on Account and specify a new Live ID. I'm not sure if that would have side effects on other services (i.e. it might just change the e-mail address that's associated with your existing Live ID)

Or do you want to log in to the same mesh using two different Live IDs?
    I don't think that's possible, because your mesh account is associated with your Live ID (only one). As a workaround you could invite your other live ID as folder members so you would have access to those folders from your other Live ID - however not to your Mesh (Live Desktop, Device Ring, Remote Access, ...)
    Stefan Krueger, Microsoft MVP - Windows Installer, www.InstallSite.org
    Monday, December 15, 2008 6:09 PM
  • Thanks all of you for your support!
    Now I have an answer.
    Ben and Stefan understand what i want!
    In the begining i've associated Live Mesh with one Live ID but now, for personal reasons i want associate with another Live ID, like Stefan says in his answer. 
    So i'm going to try to do this in www.mesh.com like you say.
    Thank you very much
    Monday, December 15, 2008 6:20 PM