none
Installer created XP problem RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a pc for my business about three years ago and had my tech support contractor set it up and add it to my office network.  I have no idea where he is now, and he kept the install discs for all my programs. 

This pc has XP Pro on it and I don't remember using any other OS, but it wasn't my personal pc because I used a laptop.  I now use the pc at home, and am getting the counterfeit software notice. 

Is there any solution available to me other than spending $150 since the contractor screwed me?  If not, I'll wait and buy a new pc when Vista comes out since I understand that XP users won't be able to just upgrade to Vista.

Saturday, May 6, 2006 4:16 AM

Answers

• I am sorry for the inconvenience you are currently experiencing. We have heard of many stories very similar to this one. This is one of the reasons for our Genuine Advantage initiative, to ensure customers are aware of the legitimacy of their Windows installation and thereby receive all the benefits of Genuine Windows Software.

The only option available to you at this time since it appears the system has a non-genuine copy of windows installed would be to purchase the Genuine Advantage Kit for this computer...

Thank you for your post

dave

Monday, May 8, 2006 7:40 AM