Include Dynamics CRM in custom application as web page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

How is life...

We had develop a very focus estimation tool for our business.  Now we are the process of integrating Dynamic 2015.  What would be great for us is to have a very transparent flow between the 2 applications.

To do so...  we think to include

• include Dynamics CRM as a web page...
    • is it possible to construct the  URL...  to reach a specific place EX:   a specific account or specific custom entity

The is a seamless flow a the data...

If we can not "custom construct" the URL... is there a thing we can do with plugin and/or solution...  we want to stay away from Javascript if it si possible...

Regards,

Steph

Friday, October 9, 2015 5:44 PM

Answers

• thank you...

Can we get this specific id through a call/request to the CRM programmatically... 

Regards,

Yes, that could be done using Odata/Soap endpoint call. You can find samples at the SDK.

Custom entities could be accessed as well. Just use schema names like 'custom_estimation'.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hello Steph,

You can construct url to point to specific record. All information you need you can find here - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328483.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Sunday, October 11, 2015 7:21 PM
  • Ok...

Thank you..

Now here my Url: http://CRM_server/My_Org/main.aspx?etn=account&pagetype=entityrecord 

It work...

But how to construct the Url to access directly the Account  of let say "Steph"...

Regards,

Steph

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 2:54 PM
  • To construct Url that points to some record you will need 2 parameters - entity type name (like account) and id of that record (like 9818766E-7172-4D59-9279-013835C3DECD). Unfortunately there is no way to open a record based on record name (because there could be several Steph accounts or none).

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:03 PM
  • Also can we access custom Entity... let say Ex: ESTIMATION-SOUMISSION

Regards

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:05 PM
  • thank you...

Can we get this specific id through a call/request to the CRM programmatically... 

Regards,

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:18 PM
  • thank you...

Regards,

Yes, that could be done using Odata/Soap endpoint call. You can find samples at the SDK.

Custom entities could be accessed as well. Just use schema names like 'custom_estimation'.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:21 PM
  • Thanks you

Steph

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:37 PM