Sync outlook.pst RRS feed

• Question

•  

I want to back-up my outlook.pst file, but get no access to the directory

"C:\Users\Jan Janssens\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\"

when defining pairs. How come?

(Using 64 bits version of Synctoy 2.0.100.0 built 12-8-2008 15:07)

Saturday, November 8, 2008 8:47 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Jan

What sync action did you define with your pair? Synchronize, Echo or Contribute? 

From the problem you mention, it seems like you selected Synchronize.  To backup your data, you want to use either Echo or Contribute.  You can read more about this at the SyncToy FAQ at this link: http://forums.microsoft.com/sync/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3753122&SiteID=75.

Echo and Contribute do one way synchronization from left to right.  Meaning they will synchronize the data on your left folder to your right folder. 

Synchronize does two way synchronization.  Meaning it will try to keep your left and your right folder in-sync, if you add files to right folder, they will be synchronized to the left folder and vice-versa.  In your scenario, you do not want your outlook.pst in C:\Users\Jan Janssens\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook to be modified.

Maria del Mar Alvarez Rohena - MSFT

Monday, November 10, 2008 10:11 PM
  • I'm not sure what you mean by "get no access to the directory". Is it that the folder browser UI is not showing you that directory? That's likely because some directory in that path is a hidden directory. However, you could always copy/paste the path in the SyncToy dialog.

Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:44 AM
    Answerer