WGA a virus or not RRS feed

• Question

• After validating my Windows XP Home for the 2nd time.The viruses scan pops up and states you have 349 virus can not continue.This was when I could not even start windows.I would just keep booting up over and over again.I put the Genuine Windows Validation tool on again.And sure enough 18 viruses but windows started.Now there at it again.Asking to validate Windows XP Home for the 3rd time in 6 mnths.When does this hassel stop.I only play games.It's not as if I'm a corprate mogal or anything.I'm on diabilaty and my comp is my only friend.The lady on the phone when I activated windows said there product ID numbers were getting low.There were more versions of Windows XP then product keys verses product ids.Why would that affect WGA.I gave her the one on my computer.She stated that Product ID has expired.I told her can I get a new one so she did but I did not write it down I only punched it in to the boxes when she said to.They still have not sent me my cds I asked for.I guess thats why I am waiting to update.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 5:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• Len Burr,

It sounds like your computer would benefit from a clean installation of XP Home.

Please have a look at this web page:  http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:20 PM
  •  Thank You,

The advices was some what helpful.I did in fact have a clean install of XP Home on my computer,though it was the one I gave my niece.I had been trying to use that product key with my other computer which has XP Pro on it.I had put the wrong one on my computer,thinking it was XP Home I had on,instead.See what happens when you own to much software and computers.Maybe I should start a retail store.Have a good week.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:43 AM