Issues with non-default storage sets ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - I have moved a previous version Vail disk set over to the new BETA and as advised, it showed up as a non-default directory.  All the files were accessible.  The problems started when I attempted to make the non-default set into the default set.  I removed the default storage using the Dashboard and promoted the non-default.  This seemed to go ok and the storage then became the new default.  Again, all files were accessible after I reset the user permissions - so all looked good.  However - all disks/folders now seem to report they are at maximum DE capacity.  I can write files to the shares via a network connection (which suggests the space is really free), but I cannot do any folder maintainance via the Dashboard as it insists I need space to do this.

Any ideas on how I can rebuild the disks to show the correct free space ?  I've run all the disk and folder level tools from the dashboard and they are not reporting any issues.

Thanks.

Friday, April 30, 2010 2:47 PM

Answers

• Please submit a bug report on Connect . Include server logs, so Microsoft can take a closer look at your configuration.

That said, you should not be completely surprised that previous version Vail disk sets have problems in the current version. Microsoft has already said that they're seriously considering forcing a complete reload for RTM p[recisely because of this sort of possibility, and Drive Extender V2 is still under development.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, April 30, 2010 2:51 PM

All replies

• Please submit a bug report on Connect . Include server logs, so Microsoft can take a closer look at your configuration.

That said, you should not be completely surprised that previous version Vail disk sets have problems in the current version. Microsoft has already said that they're seriously considering forcing a complete reload for RTM p[recisely because of this sort of possibility, and Drive Extender V2 is still under development.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, April 30, 2010 2:51 PM
  • ok thanks - will do.  (I was secretly hoping there was a chkdsk switch which would force a DE re-sync or something...)
    Friday, April 30, 2010 2:58 PM