none
QUESTIONS ABOUT VBRUN600.dll AND VBRUN500.dll files RRS feed

• Question

• You cannot vote on your own post

Hello

I hope this isn't considered double posting and that y question is understandable.

Hopefully this question will be easily answered.  I am not completely sure if I am posting in the correct area but because I saw  Visual Basic mentioned in another posting I decide to give it a go.  I know that VBRUN600.dll is a module used when running windows applications created with Visual Basic.

My question is just straight up  if my computer has a VBRUN500.dll can I use that  instead  or in place of VBRUN600.dll. and if so how  would I do that? In other words I know that VBRUN500.dll is a module used when running windows applications created with Visual Basic as well.

Thanks

• Moved by Jie Bao Tuesday, May 1, 2012 6:56 AM (From:Visual Basic General)
    Friday, April 20, 2012 6:37 PM

All replies

• vb6 applications rely on VBRUN600.dll. VBRUN500.dll is the runtime dll you need for vb5 apps. so no.

thanks for any help

Friday, April 20, 2012 6:40 PM
  • Thanks,  That  is what I suspected but I was not  100% sure.  Now that I see your answer, and giving you the benefit of the doubt that it is correct, which  from what I understand it is, I realize what a simple question it was.

Thank you.

P.S. If  you or anyone else has anything else to contribute or would like to expand hat answer a little, I would appreciate it.

Friday, April 20, 2012 7:12 PM
  • you might get a more useful answer in the vb6 forum:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/ms788229.aspx

thanks for any help

Friday, April 20, 2012 7:20 PM
  • No , your answer was fine. It answered the question.  Thanks for the link.
    Friday, April 20, 2012 7:49 PM