Folders not duplicated while duplication is turned on? RRS feed

• Question

• I installed the Duplication Info add in and to my suprise it says none of my photos are duplicated. If I check the server storage tab it says 117GB has gone into shared folders (59GB photos, 16GB videos) and 707 into duplication. On the shared folders tab duplication is turned on for all folders but Music. Inside the Photos folder there are subfolders per year and month.

I would have expected to have all pictures and videos be duplicated. After all, that is why there are multiple drives installed, isnt' it?

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:37 PM

All replies

•  Mkg6 wrote:
    I installed the Duplication Info add in and to my suprise it says none of my photos are duplicated. If I check the server storage tab it says 117GB has gone into shared folders (59GB photos, 16GB videos) and 707 into duplication. On the shared folders tab duplication is turned on for all folders but Music. Inside the Photos folder there are subfolders per year and month.

I would have expected to have all pictures and videos be duplicated. After all, that is why there are multiple drives installed, isnt' it?

Yes, it should be on.  I know that a couple people have reported issues after installing Power Pack 1.  First, I would suggest you file a bug report on Connect.

Once you've done that, you can try disabling Folder Duplication on a share, waiting a few minutes, then enabling it again.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:38 AM