Possible to add fields into site entity? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to add fields into site entity?
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 7:47 AM

Answers

• Site entity is partially customizable, you can't  create/modify form or fields , here is the metadata information from SDK

IsCustomizable->True

CanCreateAttributes->  False

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Marked as answer by Gary-C Monday, December 17, 2012 3:08 AM
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 10:57 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Yes you can customize it.

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, December 6, 2012 7:57 AM
  • Hello,

Yes you can customize it.

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter

Hello Mahender,

Thank you for your reply.  However, when I open the "Site" design form,  it is non-editable. I already have System Admin role.

I am using MSCRM Online 2011.

Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:11 AM
  • Site entity is partially customizable, you can't  create/modify form or fields , here is the metadata information from SDK

IsCustomizable->True

CanCreateAttributes->  False

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter

• Marked as answer by Gary-C Monday, December 17, 2012 3:08 AM
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 10:57 AM
  • By the way, I would like to make a Site 'Disabled', is there any work-around?
    Monday, December 17, 2012 3:09 AM
  • Hello,

There is no OOB to disable site record, but did you try to use setstate method through javascript ?? first try to use setstate through javascript you could create a webresource and call your function on some event to test, if that will work then you could try to add one custom ribbon button to disable site.

I have not done this before for site entity so not sure if this will work or not but we could try.

you could see one example here: http://dotnetdevlife.blogspot.in/2011/06/crm-2011-setting-state-from-jscript.html

HTH

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter

Monday, December 17, 2012 5:26 AM