Problem in retrieve data using Dynamic Worksheet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create a Excel Report and facing the SQL Server Connection Problem.

Steps followed to create report:

1) Sales --> Opportunity --> from filtered view selected open opportunity

Clicked on export to excel --> Selected Dynamic Worksheet radio button --> Clicked on Export

File Download --> Clicked on Save --> Save --> Open -->It will show the Record in excel.

But If I try to open that excel in another user's machine  I am getting the following error

Connection failed:

SQLState:'28000'

sqlserver Error:18456

[microsoft][odbc sql server Driver][sql server]login failed for user

I dont have an idea were the problem is?

Friday, August 1, 2014 4:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Vijay

DynamicWorsheets work as per the logged in users' access, probably you are trying to open the sheet on a machine that is not configured as a crm user or has some access restrictions for the particular records.

You may try to export it as a static excel worksheet if you do not wish the records get fetched as per the logged in users' permissions

Thanks,

Karishma

• Proposed as answer by Sreekanth P Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:12 PM
    Friday, August 1, 2014 8:20 AM
  • As said,

Please recheck if you do have access to MS CRM application from your machine and current user is a valid CRM user.

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Friday, August 1, 2014 8:58 AM