none
The procedure entry point encodepointer could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel 32.dll

Question

• "The procedure entry point encodepointer could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel 32.dll" I tried everything I can but the computer doesn't work normally. It freezes at Windows is Starting up..........and after the window loads. I can't see the desktop items, but onli can see the screensaver and desktop wallpaper. No processes run in Windows Task Manager. The above msg appears after the window loads. I can format the harddrive to get rid of it, but the problem is I dont have a full/partial backup of the documents in the hard drive. I tried system restore but all the restore points has been deleted. Repairing the windows using Original Operating System CD has also failed to solve the issue.

I'm using Windows XP Home Edition and have downgraded from SP3 to SP1 after system repair. Original OS CD has SP1.

Can anyone please help me?? I need urgent help. I think it is all caused by some viruses. Please help me. The BitDefender Total Security 2009 has also stopped responding. I really need the files from the computer. The computer has stopped responding to any external memory drives so that i can extract the data from the HDD to external devices. Please guide me what to do. Thanks a lot for your time.
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 7:19 PM

All replies

•  

I think some virus has affected your system or some application at start window is currupted. i can use bootable CD of windows 98 run it in command mode to access your data. I think it will work. I have tried and it was successfull many times.  or connect your system in LAN and and scan for Viruses from other PCs.
    Monday, January 19, 2009 8:34 AM