Locked Out of Email

• My twitter account was locked out because it thought someone else was using my account, which wasn't the case at all. Unfortunately, the only way I can unlock my account is by the email my account was associated with. 

So, I have slight access to the email ( but, yet again, apparently it "appears someone else is using my account." I can easily change the password to this email because I have access to all of the recover emails/phone number. 

Every time I try to log in, it says I need to verify my identity, which I certainly do correctly. However, I created this email long ago when I was younger so I most likely but in random information (like anyone did as a kid) just to make the creation process quicker. I immediately regret doing this because it ended up backfiring. 

If I am able to reset the password on the email, shouldn't that suffice as verifying my identity? I'm unsure how to go about this and it has been many months since I've been trying to get my twitter account back.

Thank you,

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:32 PM