[XNA] GuitarHero game? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

I've tried to create a game that has the same principles as Guitar Hero (so there are notes that fall down and you have to press the correct keys as they drop). I have included a link to the source code of my game; now I shall list the problems that follow with the version that I have created:

1. Have to add notes through the form as I cannot get it to create instances from the XMLParser
    2. I have to create a new Texture2D and a Vector2 for every note that I add

Could anybody please help? Just general idea's would be a big help! (I tried to create arrays for Texture2D[] and Vector2[] however, I couldn't manipulate them, they wouldn't move).

https://mega.co.nz/#!kdcylACb!Z2o_Qy8wfjUgf1blSrgadSyDqUFjCPuZVFDyUUCo7bs <- that is the link for the Source download.

Thanks!

• Edited by Jarrod Noonan Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:32 PM
    • Moved by Amanda Zhu Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:44 AM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Since your issue is related to XNA, I suggest you consult your issue on XNA forum: http://xboxforums.create.msdn.com/forums/ for better response.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, September 20, 2013 12:54 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:44 AM