Lead View for "No Activity Scheduled" RRS feed

• Question

• We have a steady stream of leads which are handed off to sales reps.  We have solutions in place to notify us of neglect.  However one more tool would be useful.  What we want to do is to create a view that will list all assigned leads that have no scheduled activities.  Is this even possible.  If so, are there any suggestions on how to accomplish this.  I am somewhat new to working with CRM.

Jean-Luc

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 11:06 PM

Answers

• Using Advanced Find this isn't possible - you aren't able to find records that don't have child records associated. 

One potential solution would be to create a new date field on Lead and then create workflows on the various activity types, making a check to see if the regarding lead is populated, if so set the value of your new date field to the date the activity was created on. Then you would be able to do an Advanced Find for Leads where this new field doesn't contain data.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/c1b575d6-3e40-490b-a4ed-0a4c113ddeb5

More of a one time solution would be to use a Marketing List (Static for Leads). Manage Members, Advanced Find to Add Members -> select all Leads. Then Manage Members, Advanced Find to Remove Members -> Related - Activities Regarding (select no more criteria) - this will give you Leads that have Activities associated with them. When you remove them from the original list of all Leads, you are left with Leads that have no activities.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:07 AM
  • In addition to Jason's answer, you could also use SSRS reports. Create a left outer join on the leads and activities, then, based on that query create your desired report in VS. The saved rdl file could be imported to CRM.

My Weblog | My Website

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 4:47 AM

All replies

• Using Advanced Find this isn't possible - you aren't able to find records that don't have child records associated. 

One potential solution would be to create a new date field on Lead and then create workflows on the various activity types, making a check to see if the regarding lead is populated, if so set the value of your new date field to the date the activity was created on. Then you would be able to do an Advanced Find for Leads where this new field doesn't contain data.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/c1b575d6-3e40-490b-a4ed-0a4c113ddeb5

More of a one time solution would be to use a Marketing List (Static for Leads). Manage Members, Advanced Find to Add Members -> select all Leads. Then Manage Members, Advanced Find to Remove Members -> Related - Activities Regarding (select no more criteria) - this will give you Leads that have Activities associated with them. When you remove them from the original list of all Leads, you are left with Leads that have no activities.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:07 AM
  • Thanks....will give this a try and let you know.  I appreciate the help.
    Monday, June 3, 2013 5:58 PM
  • In addition to Jason's answer, you could also use SSRS reports. Create a left outer join on the leads and activities, then, based on that query create your desired report in VS. The saved rdl file could be imported to CRM.

My Weblog | My Website

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 4:47 AM