none
Technet Forums has just about become completely unuseable RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm not sure this will work but I'm trying to post a topic which points out that this site, that I'm using to post this item, has just about become completely unusable.  The just about part presumes that I succeed in posting this item.

The obstacle (only available information) appears to be whatever is causing display of the following:

which happens just about every time I try to access the site.

If this should get posted please recognize that without being able to access the forum I'll be unable to respond.  Just thought it worth allowing someone to know how bad things have gotten with Microsoft Support.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 8:49 PM

All replies

• There are several threads in the "Forums Issues" forum on the issue. See this announcement from Microsoft, including suggested workaround:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/206824a4-2faa-490d-9283-778d49a3b411/sign-on-issues-with-forums-sites?forum=reportabug

Often, you can sign in using Edge, but not other browsers.

Edit: Our theory is that it is caused by corrupt credentials in the local profile. See Dave Patrick's answer in this thread (dated April 30, 12:40 PM):

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bee29677-a0c1-4fcd-a696-b53b63604dc6/page-not-found-when-logging-in-microsoft-development-network?forum=reportabug#e532aea2-627a-4e79-bd59-1bbcf782cca8

Edit: This forum is for questions and discussions about the TechNet Wiki. I will move this to a more appropriate forum.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, May 10, 2018 8:59 PM
  • I just asked for an update and they said issue has already been fixed. So I correct them and apparently is back to engineering. I also asked them to post updates here in forum.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, May 11, 2018 1:59 AM
  • Hi All,

Users who are still facing login issues with forum sites kindly visit www.microsoft.com and share us APPXRPSA and APPXRPSSA cookie values at fissues@microsoft.com and then clear the browser cache to resolve the issue 

It would help us a lot in further investigation and complete resolution of this issue.

MSDN, Technet Support

Friday, May 11, 2018 5:37 AM
    Administrator
  • Looks like I was a bit hasty when saying "completely".

It now appears to be either completely or near completely unusable with the Windows version of Mozilla Firefox (64bit) 60.0.  More success, as in this response, occurs when using Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.19002 or Google Chrome (64bit) 66.0.3359.139 as well as the Linux version of Mozilla Firefox (32bit) 59.0.2.

Clearing the browser cache does NO good.  Furthermore, cookies with the indicated names are not present.

Friday, May 11, 2018 6:55 PM
  • Clearing the browser cache does NO good.  Furthermore, cookies with the indicated names are not present.

I'd email them your status update.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, May 11, 2018 6:58 PM
  • Looks like I was a bit hasty when saying "completely".

It now appears to be either completely or near completely unusable with the Windows version of Mozilla Firefox (64bit) 60.0.  More success, as in this response, occurs when using Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.19002 or Google Chrome (64bit) 66.0.3359.139 as well as the Linux version of Mozilla Firefox (32bit) 59.0.2.

Clearing the browser cache does NO good.  Furthermore, cookies with the indicated names are not present.

Hi

Win 10 64bit, Firefox (fully updated)

When I started to get exactly same issues, I found that by using CCleaner (a free utility), and using it to clear everything (except passwords) from Firefox, I haven't since had any problems logging in.

Can't remember if I needed a restart, but it wouldn't do any harm to restart just in case.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

• Edited by leshay Friday, May 11, 2018 7:26 PM
    Friday, May 11, 2018 7:25 PM
  • I also could not find cookies with either of the two names mentioned, but then I have not had the sign in problem. I used the following to search for cookies at a command prompt:

dir c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\*.cookie /s

On my Windows 10 computer where I use Edge I found cookies, just not starting with "APP". I could view the cookies I found in notepad. But all were several months old.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, May 11, 2018 8:31 PM