Graphics card change results in 'This copy of Windows is not genuine' RRS feed

• Question

• After a month using Vista I have replaced a noisy graphics card with a silent one only to be told 'This copy of Windows is not genuine'. I have tried to re-validate Vista but I get told I have to activate it first, I go to Start, Computer, Properties and it says it's activated.
    I seem to be going around in circles!
    Help please?
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 10:49 AM

Answers

• Thank you, resolved after some trouble!
    Tried using the automated phone service twice only to be cut off both times after entering the series of numbers and answering the questions :( Had to deliberately enter invalid numbers on the 3rd attempt so it would forward me to a human being. This worked although they forgot to tell me that as well as a reboot I would need to re-validate Vista. After doing this all now OK.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 2:02 PM

All replies

• Please try phone activating.  You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui 4" in the search field in the Start Menu and pressing Enter. Let me know if that doesn't work.  Thank you!
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 5:46 PM
  • Thank you, resolved after some trouble!
    Tried using the automated phone service twice only to be cut off both times after entering the series of numbers and answering the questions :( Had to deliberately enter invalid numbers on the 3rd attempt so it would forward me to a human being. This worked although they forgot to tell me that as well as a reboot I would need to re-validate Vista. After doing this all now OK.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 2:02 PM