TrojanDownloader:ASX/Wimad.gen!D RRS feed

• Question

•  

my scan report comes back with 2 diffrent TrojanDownloader:ASX/Wimad.gen!D & A. It has Remove Failed. I have located the virus and tried several times to deleate the files and they seem to deleate until I run windows Live again. then it tells me the same thing. I've lost almost all hope please help!!
    Sunday, May 18, 2008 8:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please see the posts in this thread by Monty Jain for help with this - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3291628&SiteID=2

Sunday, May 18, 2008 8:10 PM
  • dear Help:

when I did full scan it showed me onecare has quarentined the Trojan Software. My question is why the Trojan was there to begin with when the OneCare is always running upon turning the computer on. Also, now my computer is running too slow. when I open/close or copy/paste, a password protected file, it takes for ever to do so. it wasn't like this after I hadformatted my HardDrive. Please advice and help. Thank you so much for your time.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 4:38 PM
  • A full scan will look at every file on your system for possible infections. The on access protection of OneCare may not have caught the infected file as it entered your system if it was not recognized by the definitions at that time.

Running slow can be due to any number of reasons and I can't even speculate the cause. If you suspect OneCare to be the cause of the slowness, try disabling the virus and spyware protection temporarily to see if the problem goes away.

-steve

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:00 PM