none
How to use occasional foreign language script

Question

• When I'm writing some English documents, I want to use some foreign language words for uploading to my homepage. How do I get WLW to accept these foreign words in an English document?

oz

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 10:22 AM

All replies

• What sort of foreign words? Do you mean words that use a different character set like Cyrillic, Japanese or Arabic?

I assume you know how to type the text you desire so what problems are you encountering specifically with WLW? Is there a problem if you type them in a different program and copy/paste them to WLW?

Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:49 PM
  • What sort of foreign words? Do you mean words that use a different character set like Cyrillic, Japanese or Arabic?

I assume you know how to type the text you desire so what problems are you encountering specifically with WLW? Is there a problem if you type them in a different program and copy/paste them to WLW?

Thin Ice,

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

Here I’m typing the English text and then insert the Greek words, Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον. I copied those words. Now I’ll compose a couple of those words in Greek script from MS Word: ούτως γάρ. Let’s see how that transposes to WLW.

When I upload this to my homepage using WordPress, this is what happens:

Here I’m typing the English text and then insert the Greek words, ????? ??? ???????? ? ???? ??? ??????. I copied those words. Now I’ll compose a couple of those words in Greek script from MS Word: ????? ???. Let’s see how that transposes to WLW.

Perhaps this is an issue with Wordpress. Or is it WLW?

Your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Oz

ozspen

Thursday, May 10, 2012 8:47 PM