Reconciling transactions in an Investment account RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible, already reconciled the connected cash account, want to do the transactions quickly rather than one by one ?

With cash accounts, you can just use the space bar after you have started the reconcile process

Sunday, July 5, 2020 10:03 AM

All replies

• Yes. 

What I do is to establish a point in the register that is in balance. 

I select  View to show only unreconciled transactions.  Sort by date, and go to the oldest transaction.
    Hold down Cntl+Shift+M and let auto-repeat work thru the transactions until as many as I want to mark as reconciled have been marked Reconciled, and thus disappear from view.

Then I switch View to show all transactions.

Monday, July 6, 2020 3:57 AM
  • Thank you

That combo did not work for me, but CTL + M allows me to mark them as cleared

Could be linked to my Logitech keyboard as CTL + SH + M just takes me to a different screen (other running program)

Using Money 2005 UK QFE2 in case it matters

Monday, July 6, 2020 2:59 PM
  • I have not used it, but https://www.itechtics.com/windows-hotkeys/ talks about a program that can tell you who is taking what  hotkey sequences.

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-001/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=hotkeys says 

"To verify your keyboard hot key assignments: Launch SetPoint (Start > Programs > Logitech > Mouse and Keyboard"

Monday, July 6, 2020 9:32 PM
  • Cal

Thank you for the continued support and ideas.

I will check out the apps you suggested to check the hotkey assignments.

I am already in conversation with Logitech as it is a newer model (K850) which does not use Setpoint but a later utility called Logitech Options and cannot get it to show the Euro icon even though it is printed on the "2" key with the normal combo so the "hotkeys" assignments do appear to be the issue.

Waqar

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 11:24 AM
  • You could boot Windows into safe mode, start Money, and do the Ctrl-Shift-M.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 12:04 PM
  • Thanks Cal, 20-ish years using Money and I can still learn something new!  I had been using Right Mouse Click, M, then R.  This saves a few clicks (trivial in some ways, but fun in others!).
    Tuesday, July 7, 2020 3:14 PM
  • Thanks Cal, 20-ish years using Money and I can still learn something new!  I had been using Right Mouse Click, M, then R.  This saves a few clicks (trivial in some ways, but fun in others!).
    I think it is the auto-repeat that makes the key-method distinctive. When you set the view to only show unreconciled transactions, the auto-repeat goes right down the list.
    Tuesday, July 7, 2020 3:19 PM
  • I have been using it for over 30 years and the mny file is 89mb in size and compresses down to 20mb for the backup
    Tuesday, July 7, 2020 3:24 PM
  • In the investment register, you can <SHIFT>-left click the "C" column to mark transaction as reconciled. A second click reverts it.
    Tuesday, July 7, 2020 6:51 PM
  • Cal

Looked at this more closely and tried to attach some screenshots, one called bank and the other shares.

With the share account I do not have the option to just choose unreconciled transactions.

Must be missing a setting somewhere, I can confirm all the share type accounts have a separate cash account attached.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 5:09 PM
  • links did not work

Hopefully I have done this right

• Edited by Waqar Waiz Wednesday, July 8, 2020 5:14 PM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 5:13 PM
  • I saw your bank.png and shares.png. I only try to reconcile the cash/contributions register for an investment account. 

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 6:24 PM
  • I have already reconciled the cash transactions, wanted to do the investment transactions

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 8:55 PM
  • I have already reconciled the cash transactions, wanted to do the investment transactions

I don't know what reconciling the investment transaction would mean. Almost all of your things in the Investment register are in the Cash Transactions too, so if you were missing an investment transaction, or duplicated one, I think it would show up as an anomaly in the Cash Transactions.  An exception would be Add Shares and Remove Shares.

When I download an investment OFX, it does check the number of shares of each thing.  But I don't know of any balancing of the Investment Transactions register. Since your broker does not provide the OFX, I think the best thing would be to use the Portfolio to compare against the Positions listed by your broker. I think sorting by the Symbol would be the best way. But it would still be a manual operation. :-( 

OK, Money does have the AccountUpdate feature. When looking at an Investment account, click AccountSummary->AccountUpdate. That would be an  alternative to the Portfolio. I understand it is not what you wanted.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 10:07 PM
  • I understand your point
    Thursday, July 9, 2020 4:05 PM