Assigning rank to plugins RRS feed

• Question

• -Can I control the order of execution of plugins for a particular entity by assigning ranks to the plugin?

-How to assign rank to plugins?

Monday, July 20, 2009 6:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi.

When you register a plugin's step you can specify step execution order (look at screenshot).

Truth is opened the prepared mind My blog - http://a33ik.blogspot.com
    Monday, July 20, 2009 6:49 PM
  • My problem is:

I have a entity client.
    Attributes of client entity are address, name.

I have other entity named contactperson.
    Contactperson has n:1 relationship with client ( as one client can have various contactpersons)
    Its attributes are email, contactnumber, personname

i have a third entity helpdesk in which-

1) I want to create a clientpicklist with contains all the names of client retrieved through crmservice from cliententity.
        I used a metadata service to update client picklist on creation of new cleint in helpdesk entity.
        I register the plugin on precreate event of client entity.
        I am able to get the desired result.

2) When the clientpicklist is created, a user is allowed to select any client name, and related to that client name, address and another picklist with names of contactpersons of the client is populated using CrmForm.save() on onchange event of clientpicklist attribute.
    I have registered the plugin on precreate event on helpdesk entity with execution order 1 and i am getting the result.

3) the user is allowed to select any of the contactperson and related to the selected contactperson, his emailid is populated.
    I have registered the plugin on preupdate event on helpdesk entity with execution order 1 and i am getting the result.

Now, I want to register 2nd plugin on update event, On doing so, I am getting an error the reference key is not found.

Suggesstions??

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 2:34 PM