Sales Order - Tax From Existing Products Ignored RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

I am back working on CRM, and have once again turned my attention to custom sales order processing.

I am generating sales orders and invoices using reporting services running in a custom asp.net application, and total tax for each product item is caculated on the product form as and when each product is added to the order.

On an order there are two possible types of product.

1. Existing products (these are products from a price list)

2. Write in Products (these are free form products)

The sales order form has a section for adding each product type to the order.

If I enter a write in product, and calculate a tax value for the form (either through custom javascript or manually enter an amount) it is saved with the form and the orders totals (on the general tab) are updated to include the tax amount.

However if I enter a tax value on a write in product and click save, it is ignored, its is not saved at all as reopening the product in the order shows that the tax has reset to zero.

Can anyone else recreate this behavior?

Is this something unique to my setup? 

Is this a known issue?

As ever, thanks for your time guys.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 2:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If the field is disabled, which is a common practice for calculated fields, it is not sent to the server when the form is saved. To override this behavior, add this line to your code:

crmForm.all.your_field.ForceSubmit = true;

I hope this will solve your issue.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 2:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If the field is disabled, which is a common practice for calculated fields, it is not sent to the server when the form is saved. To override this behavior, add this line to your code:

crmForm.all.your_field.ForceSubmit = true;

I hope this will solve your issue.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 2:53 PM
  • Thanks uMar,

You are most certainly correct, useful for future record.

I have dropped the client side code now and implimented the required functionality using a callout assembly.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 6:30 PM