none
recertification - SQL server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a quick question. I passed the SQL Server MCSE Data Platform in 2013. Since then SQL Server 2014 has come out and when reviewing articles on the web, it mentioned that I will need to recertify within 3 years to keep current (therefore by 2016).

By reading some articles, it seems these recertification exams will be separate exams. Or due to the changes in the current exams (in my case 70-464 and 70-465) do I just retake these exams again(with the SQL 2014 content) to keep current. I would have thought I would not be able to take exams again that I have already passed.

Reading more articles it looks like the recertification process/exams will be published by March 2015.

Am I correct in thinking there will be recertification exams to take to keep the MCSE current, or not ?

Thanks

AMB

Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:38 AM

Answers

• Apologies. Will teach me to search the internet before asking :-)

I can see now there will be recertification exams and in my case it is 70-469.

Thanks

AMB

Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:55 AM

All replies

• Apologies. Will teach me to search the internet before asking :-)

I can see now there will be recertification exams and in my case it is 70-469.

Thanks

AMB

Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:55 AM
  • In case it helps, here is a little bit about my recertification experience. I don't have to recertify on the Data Platform until 2016, but I have already taken the recertification exam for the MCSD: Web Applications (70-494). There is nothing particularly remarkable about the recertification exam; it just asks questions that are similar to the ones that come up in the regular certification exams.
    Friday, January 23, 2015 8:24 AM