I receive the prompt Build 7600 however in my instance my upgrade disc and box with key were stolen. How can I now validate without yet buying anoother key?? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to validate my purchased upgrade Windows 7 after having it stolen and obviously loaded annd put in other systems??

I contacted on line support and she said to do the phone diagnostic and it said my key has been used out of acceptable guidelines and to purchase another key.

I have the key written down so she asked were we purchased our upgrade from and for how much???then said I woulld need to call a number she provided me with which is always busy!!!

Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:34 PM

Answers

• The most obvious advice is to keep trying the phone number.  In the meantime, I suggest you post a diagnostic report here so someone can take a look at the key and see in what way it is blocked.

Download the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic tool from
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=56062

Open the Microsoft Genuine Advantage diagnostic tool. Click Run, and then click Continue.

The tool will scan your computer, and then give you a summary of your computer's settings and system details that will help someone here diagnose the problem.

To copy your results to the Clipboard, click Copy.

Paste the report into your reply here. 

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:55 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• The most obvious advice is to keep trying the phone number.  In the meantime, I suggest you post a diagnostic report here so someone can take a look at the key and see in what way it is blocked.

Download the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic tool from
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=56062

Open the Microsoft Genuine Advantage diagnostic tool. Click Run, and then click Continue.

The tool will scan your computer, and then give you a summary of your computer's settings and system details that will help someone here diagnose the problem.

To copy your results to the Clipboard, click Copy.

Paste the report into your reply here. 

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:55 PM
    Answerer
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 8:20 PM