WPF UI Automation and TeamCity RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All

I'm using UI Automation for testing a Wpf application. Tests are started by TeamCity's NAnt build agent. It works fine if NAnt runs in a console. But if it runs as a windows service tests fail because UI Automation cannot find controls in Wpf window. BTW WinForms tests pass without problems.

So my question is how can I use NAnt agent run as windows service and pass Wpf UI test?

Thanks in advance

• Moved by Linda Liu Wednesday, June 2, 2010 3:03 AM (From:Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF))
    Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Bandg.

I plan to do a simular thing at work. Running UI Automation Test in a automated fashion using team city. I haven't started this work yet but i plan to use a Virtual Machine to run the application and run the test.

To start a VM and basically control the interaction, i going to use a program called vix, this is a VM automation tool. I have used this before to run a VM and test my applications API through COM, using a test spreadsheet as the UI. With vix form the unit test i can start a VM, open the Excel spreadsheet, run the application. close Excel and shutdown the VM. This woul also report any errors that teamcity was able to display.

http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/vix-api/

It's worth a look

Hope that helps

the haggis.

• Proposed as answer by the haggis Thursday, December 9, 2010 3:01 PM
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 3:01 PM