Write In Products and passing data into a converted Order RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a customer who is using CRM for composing and sending their sales quotations; converting quotations to sales orders etc. For whatever reason they have decided not to use existing products but write in products (due to the simplicity of the products/services they sell).

However they have an issue whereby the product ID ( a new attribute create on the quote product form) doesn't pass through it's value to the same attribute on the sale order  when the quote is converted.

Ignoring the reasons behind using write in products could someone answer the following for me please...

1) Ss there anyway to amend the "in-built" / "hard coded" system workflow that converts the quote to a sales order?

2) Does anyone have the list of fields that are mapped durring this process from Quote to the order form? 

3) Could this be acheived using a workflow / scribe integrations.

Many thanks?

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:46 PM

Answers

• 1. No, it's no possible to alter this feature.
    2. The fields on a quote and quote products get mapped to their counterparts on the order and order products. I've never seen a list of field mappings, but I'm pretty sure the field names are all exactly the same.
    3. Assuming the requirement is to map a custom Product ID field from a quote product to a custom Product ID field on the order product, then you couldn't use a workflow to do this, but you should be able to achieve it using a plugin.

Hope this helps,

Neil
    • Marked as answer by MSCRM MAN Wednesday, March 10, 2010 3:16 PM
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:54 PM

All replies

• 1. No, it's no possible to alter this feature.
    2. The fields on a quote and quote products get mapped to their counterparts on the order and order products. I've never seen a list of field mappings, but I'm pretty sure the field names are all exactly the same.
    3. Assuming the requirement is to map a custom Product ID field from a quote product to a custom Product ID field on the order product, then you couldn't use a workflow to do this, but you should be able to achieve it using a plugin.

Hope this helps,

Neil
    • Marked as answer by MSCRM MAN Wednesday, March 10, 2010 3:16 PM
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:54 PM
  • Thanks Neil
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 3:07 PM