none
My Experience with the Microsoft 70–480 Exam RRS feed

• General discussion

• Why did I do the 70–480?

My end goal for taking the 70–480 is to take the certification pathway to an MCSD. Most likely I’m going to work my way to the MCSD App builder, of which this is the first course. If I want to continue with SharePoint the 70–488 or 70–489 would be the logical next exam, but I’m not sure yet.

Why should you take the 70–480?

The 70–480 is a good exam for proving your knowledge with building web applications. Studying for the exam will also help those with more experienced delve deeper into JS and CSS. It will expose those with little experience to the whole front end webstack.

What did I get — Results
    I got 836 out of a possible 1000, with 700 being the required pass mark.

How did I prepare
    My preparation of this exam happened over about 2 months. I began by taking the provided Microsoft companion course, the 20480B. I found the course to be a little elementary, and a little outdated. It would be a great introduction for anyone that hasn’t programmed in JS before. The provided labs that came with the course were the most helpful.
    For material in physical form, I bought the advised textbook, Exam Ref 70–480, by Rick Delorme(Link to sample). The textbook does have some outdated information (published in 2014). It also doesn’t have all the content that will be in the exam. but anyone who knew this book cover-to-cover should should have no issues passing the exam.
    For an online resource, I often referenced W3Schools extensive library and worked examples. When I needed to dig a little deeper, I would check the specifications on the W3C site. I also often found myself on the Mozilla Developer pages for JS information.

To get some more hands on experience I completed most of the Free Code Camp learning pathway. I can’t recommend this resource enough to anyone who want’s to learn coding, let alone prepare for this exam. I found the projects offered by FCC to be the most helpful in learning the concepts. For example, the GeoLocation weather API project.
    Finally, in the week before taking this exam I used the practice exam service MeasureUp. This gave me a better grasp of the concepts I needed to study in more detail before the exam(I got less then 60% on my first try). This was also a great service for understanding the format of the questions in the exam.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hello Friend

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone.
    Encourage study and professional and technical improvement.

Continue on the study walk.

If this answer has helped you, mark it helpful so that someone else with a question or similar problem can find an answer or help more easily. Jefferson Clyton Pereira da Silva - [MCSA | MCP | MCTS | MTA | Database Analyst - Sql Server and Oracle]
    Thursday, October 24, 2019 2:44 PM