OCS 2007 and CUPS and CCM Cluster with OCS Load Balancer RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone get OCS 2007 Frond end servers behind a load balancer working with RCC to CUPS/CCM servers. Only can get working if Load balancer is removed and the pool address is configured as one of the OCS FE servers. then everything is great. Once the load balancer is introduced the routing seems a bit asymmetric. OCS01 server sends request directly to CUPS server but in the SIP header, the route is back via the load balancer which appears to not know about the traffic and drops it.

Can anyone help?

OCS 2007 with all relevant patches - 2 x FE servers back end SQl and Load abalancer doing RCC.

Cups 6 x 2

CCM 6 x 2

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrew

You are now alone, i am getting the same issue with OCS and CUPS using TCP peering.  I have spoken with MS support and they have suggested to try and use TLS instead of TCP for peering, so i am configuring this now in the lab and hopefully will get it to work.
    Wednesday, April 23, 2008 4:32 AM
  • Hi Andrew,

We had the same issue.

The problem is that CUPS MUST be on a separate subnet and all traffic must go through the NLB.

What happens, is when OCS opens the socket to CUPS (SIP Trunk) it communicates directly on the subnet.

However, when CUPS responds, it will do a DNS query first to ensure the identity of the peer server and then get to your OCS pool via the load balancer... so both ends of the socket are not the same and it gets broken.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:31 PM
  • Hi Olivier -

How did you force the SIP packets to go through the Load Balancer on their way out to CUP?

Thanks
    Friday, September 5, 2008 9:03 PM
  • In our standard network deployment there are 2 exit ways.

1 firewall and 1 load-balancer.

I set the default gateway of the OCS front end to the firewall and a static route to the load balancer to the CUPS.

Hope this helps.

Sunday, September 7, 2008 6:19 PM