none
Just purchased O'Reilly's books for 70-461 & 70-462 RRS feed

• Question

• Just bought these 2 books and they came with Microsoft Press Training Kit Exam Prep

Each exam contains around 200 questions and answers with detailed explanations and they're powered by MeasureUp.com

My question is do I still need to purchase the Exam Prep from measureup or what I have now that came with the books is enough?

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The Microsoft Press Training kits use the MeasureUp test engine to display the questions and answers included in the training kits. These questions and answers are generally prepared by the team that created the training kit, not by MeasureUp.

You should consider purchasing a practice exam pacakage from MeasureUp and/or SelftestSoftware. Their content will more closely match the format and technical depth of live certification exams.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The Microsoft Press Training kits use the MeasureUp test engine to display the questions and answers included in the training kits. These questions and answers are generally prepared by the team that created the training kit, not by MeasureUp.

You should consider purchasing a practice exam pacakage from MeasureUp and/or SelftestSoftware. Their content will more closely match the format and technical depth of live certification exams.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:10 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information. You have really opened my eyes.

I always thought that the exam questions in the training kits came from MeasureUp. I didn't know it was just the test engine. Furthermore, I always wondered how come the test kit questions seemed so different from, and easier than, the ones I purchased from MeasureUp. Now I know the truth.

Thanks for the explanation.

James

Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:11 AM