Pogoplug not recognized as a drive on the computer in windows home server RRS feed

• Question

• Windows home server does not see Pogoplug (P:) drive and as a result it is not includeing the backup. How can I get Pogoplug drive to be recognized by Windows home server?

Sunday, August 22, 2010 11:15 PM

All replies

• Windows home server does not see Pogoplug (P:) drive and as a result it is not includeing the backup. How can I get Pogoplug drive to be recognized by Windows home server?
    When you say WHS doesn't see it, do you mean you don't see the drive listed in the Server Storage section of the Console anywhere?  Is "P" the drive letter?  If so, did you somehow add the drive manually through the server desktop?
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 11:30 PM
  • Is your drive formatted with the NTFS file system? If not, Windows Home Server won't back it up.

Also, the Pogo Plug device may make your drive look like a NAS to your computer. If that's the case, your server will not back it up. The only drives that can be backed up are those that are connected directly, rather than through a network.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, August 23, 2010 3:04 AM