Change Replies Line Font Color from Light Gray RRS feed

All replies

• The Replies line is hard to read due to the faint font color

Yes, and all the useful information is now crammed into this one hard-to-read line:

Number of views
    Number of replies
    Original poster
    Last responder

This almost always causes this line to be split into two lines, with the Last Reply information often broken in the middle.

Why not:

1. Use readable font

2. Move number of replies/views into the left column  with the thread type and number of votes

3. Move original poster into its own line at the top of the post where it ought to be. If you use a forum frequently, the name of the poster is extremely useful contextual information. Right now, the identity appears in three places (none of which is the right place):

a. In the middle of the unreadable replies line

b. In the signature (when thread is expanded)

c. At the very bottom (when thread is expanded)

Just get rid of (a) and (c) and put the poster's name at the top of the thread where it used to be. For response posts, the author's name should be moved from the bottom to the top also.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Saturday, June 22, 2013 10:00 AM
  • I agree and have voted!

~~Bonnie Berent DeWitt [C# MVP]

geek-goddess-bonnie.blogspot.com

Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:09 PM
  • In my opinion, the most important information in that line is who and when the question was posted, and who and when for the last reply. The number of replies and views are far less important. I think they could be eliminated.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Sunday, June 23, 2013 5:53 PM